Part-Time Box Office Assistant & House Manager
THEATER J, the resident professional company of the Washington DC Jewish Community Center, and Winner of the 2008 Mayor's Arts Award for Excellence in an Artistic Discipline, acclaimed by The New York Times as "the premier theatre for premieres" and by Variety "as a home for edgy, politically charged plays," is dedicated to producing passionate, provocative, cutting edge and contemporary work alongside spirited revivals that explore moral and political issues of our time, seeks a part-time Box Office Assistant & House Manager with 1+ years of experience to be part of Theater J's dynamic front of house team.
As Box Office Associate:
• Oversee will-call and day-of-show ticket sales;
• Complete summaries and report daily sales to appropriate staff members, observing and reporting anomalies;
• Handle monetary transactions;
• Maintain a superior level of customer service.
As House Manager:
• Assist patrons at Theater J performances;
• Supervise volunteers;
• Oversee concessions sales;
• Coordinate with theater and production staff;
• Follow determined emergency protocol and complete incident reports;
• Perform all related duties to ensure that performance takes place as planned and patrons have a pleasant experience.
• 1+ year of experience in a theatrical box office or as a theatrical house manager for a small to mid-sized theater company;
• Demonstrated affinity for multitasking;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Exceptional communication skills;
• The ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure;
• Strong customer service skills in person, in writing and over the phone;
• Both box office and house management experience preferred;
• A familiarity with ticketing software preferred.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Erin Neel, Director of Patron Services at
Theater J: 1529 16tth Street NW, Washington, DC 20036. Email preferred: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: (202) 518-9421.
No phone calls, please.