Volunteer Opportunities at Theater J
Please consider joining Theater J’s loyal cadre of volunteers! Like many non-profit organizations, Theater J operates with a tiny staff, so there’s plenty of work to go around.
Areas where we can always use an extra hand:
• Office Help - Between our full season, our special events and benefits, and continued outreach there is always need of an extra hand or two to help with mailings, flyer distribution and other small but necessary tasks.
• Marketing Assistance - With every new show we have a ton of new postcards that have to make their way to various places around the city. If you have a love of the road or Metro and want to help spread the news about Theater J we would love to give you a list of addresses and a big stack of postcards.
• Area Liasons - With our wide variety of programming there are quite a few organizations we would love to partner with more but sometimes we just need more hands and voices to make the connections. If you like connecting the dots between theater and offices please let us know.
• Event Staff - Our small staff looks even smaller when we have tasks like opening nights, galas and benefits in front of us. We can never have enough hands and smiling faces at these events to help with set up, party maintenance and clean up. (Special note - we generally ask you to pick a specific shift so the rest of the night you can enjoy the event as a guest!)
• Ushers - Come one hour before the show and help us "open the doors". Greet patrons, take tickets, pass out programs, sell concessions, and help maintain a pleasant theater going experience.
• Reader's Committee - We are looking for smart, quick and loyal readers able to analyze the merits of plays and find shows that fit with Theater J’s mission.
What our volunteers receive in return:
Complimentary tickets to shows
Invitations to special events
Our undying gratitude
AND lots of smiles!
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities please email Julia Avery-Shapiro at email@example.com