BEYOND THE STAGE - IMAGINING MADOFF
Theater J is dedicated to taking its dialogues beyond the stage, offering an array of innovative public discussion forums which explore the theatrical, psychological and social elements of our art. Discussions take place weekly, following Sunday matinees and other selected evenings. All topics, panelists and dates are subject to change.
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO EVERYONE
ARTISTIC ROUNDTABLES AN EVENING WITH MIKE NUSSBAUM CONNECT FROM HOME
Thursday, September 1 at 9:00 pm: Preview Talkback with Artistic Director Ari Roth
Sunday, September 4 at 9:00 pm: A Conversation with the Artists: Playwright Deb Margolin and Director Alexandra Aron
Sunday, September 11 at 4:30 pm: Twin Traumas: Madoff, 9/11 and The Great Recession
- Beenish Ahmed, NPR Fellow, Fulbright Scholar, writer and social justice activist
- Marc Fisher, Senior Editor at The Washington Post
- Derek Thompson, Senior Editor at The Atlantic
Thursday, September 15 at 9:00 pm: Audience Roundtable: Reacting to IMAGINING MADOFF
Sunday, September 18 at 4:30 pm: Red Flags and Regulations: Maximizing Your Safety in the Investment World
- Richard Ferlauto, Deputy Director, Policy at the Office of Investor Education and Advocacy, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Donald Langevoort, Thomas Aquinas Reynolds Professor of Law at Georgetown University; Co-Director, Joint Degree in Law and Business Administration
Sunday, September 25 at 4:30 pm: Thinking about Jews and Capitalism
- Bernard Dov Cooperman, Louis L. Kaplan Associate Professor of Jewish History, University of Maryland
- Avi West, Director, Shulamith Reich Elster Resource Center, The Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning
- James Hyman, CEO, The Partnership for Jewish Life and Learning
Monday, September 19 at 8:00 pm
Mike Nussbaum: A Life in the Theater (and on the Screen)
Join us for an evening of clips and conversations highlighting eminent Chicago actor Mike Nussbaum's illustrious career in the films and plays of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and screenwriter David Mamet, as well as Mike's work with directors Peter Brook, Roger Stephens and countless other heralded productions over his half-century-long career.
This program is made possible through the generous support of the Fisher Family Visiting Artist Fund.
Don't miss this fantastic opportunity RSVP to reserve your seat today!
Join the Conversation from Home
However directly or indirectly it may be, we have all been affected by the actions of Bernard Madoff. Throughout the run of Imagining Madoff, we will explore the world of Madoff through research and conversation, sharing our discoveries on various platforms. Sign on, look around and (most importantly) join in the conversation! Questions about how to connect? Email email@example.com
A few questions to get us all started:
What would you do if you lost all your life savings?
If you could ask Bernard Madoff one question, what would you ask?
What is something money can't buy?