Washington DCJCC Preschool
a full-time preschool for children ages 2–5
We still have a few spaces available in our school! Please contact Bini Silver (202-777-3278) if you are interested in the preschool!
What Makes Our School Different?
We have a new schedule for the 2013–2014 school year to offer more flexibility to families. Check out the details.
Online Waitlist Application for All Classes
Important note about the waitlist application:
For entrance for the 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 school years, please select the 2013 season when filling out the waitlist application.
Now Hiring: Part-Time and Substitute Teachers (year-round, a perfect fit for college students and senior citizens in particular)
What makes our school different?
There are many attributes that combine to make our school stand out:
- One unique facet to our school is the "Today We" email we send to all Preschool parents letting them know about their child’s day. This is a great tool for fostering communication between parents and children, and between parents and teachers and the school. Read a sample.
- A Family Fitness Membership is included with your tuition. We are pleased to be able to upgrade your family to a full Fitness Membership for the same required DCJCC community membership fee included in your monthly tuition. Your family will have access to all of the fitness facilities—pool, gymnasium squash and racquetball courts, locker rooms, fitness center—and a wide range of group exercise classes free to Fitness Members. That’s a savings of $1,300 each year! As always, your DCJCC membership gives you substantial discounts on camp and other programs.
- We are open 7:30 am-6:00 pm, which fits the needs of working families. We consider ourselves a "preschool with daycare hours." For 2013–2014, You may sign up for our Core Day Program (8:45 am–4:15 pm), with the Boker Bunch morning program (7:30-8:45 am) included. You may also add the Kochav Kids Program (4:15–6:00 pm) for as many afternoons as you need.
- We are housed in a community center with a thriving arts program. The DCJCC also boasts a swimming pool and six indoor play spaces.
- Our unique urban location gives our children more opportunities for exploration and learning. We are between Dupont Circle and Logan Circle, and we have easy access to parks, public transportation, museums, local shops and more to make frequent adventuring in the city easy.
- These, of course, are in addition to the Reggio-inspired curriculum, warm and professional teachers, commitment to parent involvement and more that you’ve come to expect from our school.
I’m sure you’ll agree that the DCJCC has a lot to offer your family.
We offer personal tours to all interested families. Preschool tours are available Monday–Friday before 12:30 pm by appointment. Please contact Bini Silver at (202) 777-3278 or BiniS@washingtondcjcc.org for a tour.