Wellness, Fitness and Aquatics Classes
Kids Swim Classes:
• Afterschool J Kids Swim Team: Grades K-3
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4:15-5:15 pm
Cost: Fees vary by class
• Infant and Kids Swim Classes:
Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays for Infants with Caregivers and 3-5 Year Olds
Cost: $128/ Discounted Member Price $90
For additional Aquatics classes click here.
New Fitness Programs for Summer:
Shalom v’Shalva: Inner Light Yoga and Jewish Wisdom
This class will introduce participants to Hatha yoga poses from the Gosh school of yoga, and will incorporate teachings from classic and contemporary Jewish texts.
Summer Body Weight Loss Program
Begins June 3 || Fridays, 6:30 am - 7:15 am
Summer is just around the corner and if you still have some extra fat to lose, you’ll need to crank up the intensity to boost your results without having to spend a ton of time in the gym.
Young Couples Boot Camp
June 5 - July 24 || Sundays 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Couples that schvitz together, stay together! Focusing on fun, high intensity body weight training classes. Engage in some friendly competition with both individual and partner workouts. Just $168 per couple. Deadline to register is June 5.
Duo Personal Training
Begins June 6
Stay committed and save money while you work out with a friend. Receive individualized attention and increase strength and flexibility for daily living.
To register, contact Mark Kiersh, Health and Fitness Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.777.3239.
On-going Group Fitness Classes:
• Aqua Fitness: A fun workout in the pool with emphasis on aerobic movements that raise your heart rate and get you in shape!
• Body Pump: An energizing, weight-based group exercise class set to motivating, high energy music.
• Cardio Dance: Show off those dance moves while toning, and sculpting to hip hop choreography.
• Cardio Sculpt: A full body workout involving high intensity cardio and interval training using jump ropes, weights and exercise bands. Bring your workout to the next level! Class ends with 10 minute abs and stretching. Class may meet outdoors in warm weather.
• Gentle Yoga: A softer, nurturing, slow-paced, well-supported and relaxing practice. This class includes basic breathing exercises, as well as foundational postures.
• Hatha Yoga: A relaxing yoga class focusing on various asanas including simple breathing exercises and seated meditation.
• Power Cycle: Each class is led by a certified instructor who takes you through a series of interval training drills. Intensity is monitored by the participant so all levels are welcome! Go hard or go easy –it’s your call. Classes are taken through a warm-up, cardio workout, cool down and stretch.
• Senior Yoga: A gentle Hatha Yoga practice for Seniors and those with physical limitations. Pre-registration required.
• Stretch & Strength: This workout will combine strengthening and flexibility exercises. The strengthening exercises will focus on improving muscle strength and tone, balance, and bone density. Flexibility will be included in each workout to improve overall range of motion. This class is perfect for those with physical limitations of members looking for a lower intensity workout.
• Vinyasa Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga is a style of power yoga in which poses flow from one to the other in conjunction with the breath.
• Zumba: Groove to Latin and International beats in this fun dance aerobics class. Guaranteed fun and all levels are welcome.
Classes Hosted at the DCJCC:
• Krav Maga: Provided by the Krav Maga Federation of DC.
• Capoiera: Provided by Grupo Candeias of DC.
• Dance for PD® – A Unique Dance Program for People with Parkinson Disease and Their Care-Partners: Provided by Bowen McCauley Dance