Wellness, Fitness and Aquatics Classes
Kids Swim Classes:
• Afterschool J Kids Swim Team: Grades K-3
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 4:15-5:15 pm
Cost: Fees vary by class
• Infant and Kids Swim Classes:
Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays for Infants with Caregivers and 3-5 Year Olds
Cost: $128/ Discounted Member Price $90
For additional Aquatics classes click here.
New Fitness Programs for Summer:
Pop, Lock, and Tone It!
Begins June 1 || Mondays, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM || Led by Cheryl Pruce, Dance Fitness Professional
Take your fitness, body, and swag to the next level with this combination of hip hop dance routines, weight lifting, barre work, and ab and leg sculpting - come ready to work! Cheryl, a professional dancer with over 15 years of experience, will teach you dance moves that will tone your body like never before and leave you feeling confident!
Summer Body Weight Loss Program
Begins June 3 || Fridays, 6:30 am - 7:15 am
Summer is just around the corner and if you still have some extra fat to lose, you’ll need to crank up the intensity to boost your results without having to spend a ton of time in the gym.
Duo Personal Training
Begins June 6
Stay committed and save money while you work out with a friend. Receive individualized attention and increase strength and flexibility for daily living.
Begins June 13 || Mondays, 6:30 am – 7:30 am
This class draws largely from Sivananda Yoga and Integral Yoga. The two schools take an integrated approach to yoga, incorporating both the mind and body into their practices. Mentally, we focus on relaxation and rejuvenation. Physically, we follow a set sequence of postures to first warm up the body, and then to encourage strength and flexibility. Like many other schools of yoga, the series of poses is similar each time to encourage a meditative quality to the class and to ensure physical balance each time we meet.
Outdoor Boot Camp with Hirsh Kravitz
Begins June, 13 || Mondays, 6:00 pm – 7: 00 pm
High intensity body-weight exercises, consisting of continuous circuits for 45 minutes. Class will meet outside the gym on the 4th floor, and we'll run to the outdoor location. Participants should bring water and a towel.
Starts June 21 || Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 pm – 5:55 pm
Improve the strength of your mid-section in a minimal amount of time with this 25-minute class. Instructor will help you train your abdominals and back, as well as all the other core muscles connected to your pelvis.
Boxing with Sam Crossed
Beginning in July || Wednesdays, 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM, Saturdays, 11:15 AM - 12: 15 PM
Sam Crossed, better known as “The Vanilla Gorilla”, is a professional, undefeated boxer, who holds the records for the quickest knockout in amateur DC/Baltimore boxing history, 4 seconds! Join the Vanilla Gorilla - who you might recognize from his recent Super Bowl commercial - for an hour-long workout, where you will learn proper boxing techniques, and go through an intense cardio and abdominal workout. Open to all ages, genders and levels of physical fitness.
To register, contact Mark Kiersh, Health and Fitness Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.777.3239.
On-going Group Fitness Classes:
• Aqua Fitness: A fun workout in the pool with emphasis on aerobic movements that raise your heart rate and get you in shape!
• Body Pump: An energizing, weight-based group exercise class set to motivating, high energy music.
• Boot Camp 20-20-20: Three workouts in one! The Boot Camp 20/20/20 class is designed to give you the ultimate challenge and total body workout. Sweat through 20 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of strength and 20 minutes of stretching and core work. Are you ready for the challenge?
• Cardio Sculpt: A full body workout involving high intensity cardio and interval training using jump ropes, weights and exercise bands. Bring your workout to the next level! Class ends with 10 minute abs and stretching. Class may meet outdoors in warm weather.
• Gentle Yoga: A softer, nurturing, slow-paced, well-supported and relaxing practice. This class includes basic breathing exercises, as well as foundational postures.
• Hatha Yoga: A relaxing yoga class focusing on various asanas including simple breathing exercises and seated meditation.
• H.I.I.T: High Intensity Interval Training. Push the boundaries of your fitness with 45 minutes of freestyle circuit training and 15 minutes of choreographed core training.
• Mandala Core Flow: Start your weekend off with this dynamic mat class done by candlelight. Kristen incorporates elements of yoga, Pilates, meditation, stretch and strength training to make you feel strong, centered, and energized. Hot tea is served after each class to calm your mind, body, and soul.
• Power Cycle: Each class is led by a certified instructor who takes you through a series of interval training drills. Intensity is monitored by the participant so all levels are welcome! Go hard or go easy –it’s your call. Classes are taken through a warm-up, cardio workout, cool down and stretch.
• Senior Yoga: A gentle Hatha Yoga practice for Seniors and those with physical limitations. Pre-registration required.
• Stretch & Strength: This workout will combine strengthening and flexibility exercises. The strengthening exercises will focus on improving muscle strength and tone, balance, and bone density. Flexibility will be included in each workout to improve overall range of motion. This class is perfect for those with physical limitations of members looking for a lower intensity workout.
• Vinyasa Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga is a style of power yoga in which poses flow from one to the other in conjunction with the breath.
• Zumba: Groove to Latin and International beats in this fun dance aerobics class. Guaranteed fun and all levels are welcome.
Classes Hosted at the DCJCC:
• Krav Maga: Provided by the Krav Maga Federation of DC.
• Capoiera: Provided by Grupo Candeias of DC.
• Dance for PD® – A Unique Dance Program for People with Parkinson Disease and Their Care-Partners: Provided by Bowen McCauley Dance